Table of Contents
Podcast SEO here the term SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the process of making sure people search for your podcast or topics with your podcast.
It will appear near the top of the search results, increasing your chances of seeing it.
Optimize Your RSS Feed
- Your RSS feed manages your podcasts on directories like iTunes or Stitcher. That determines what info gets displayed and how.
- When somebody subscribes to your podcast, it’s your RSS feed that they are subscribing to.
- The best way to optimize your RSS feed is to make sure that whenever you update your show’s title, description, or any other information, you change it in your RSS feed too.
Optimize for Other Platforms
Podcasting platforms and directories aren’t the only platforms you must be aiming for. Why not target the massive audience of YouTube as well?
- Even though your podcast is audio-based, you can quickly adapt it for YouTube, opening up your podcast to the whole YouTube community of over a billion users.
- Here you can either record a video of your podcast. And audio or create slides with your branding or relevant images and play those over your podcast instead.
- It’s also an idea to provide your accurate transcription as subtitles to override YouTube’s often wrong auto-translation subtitles.
- Its method, people can read your episode as it goes along, it’s suitable for YouTube SEO purposes, and non-native speakers of your language will still be able to follow along.
Recycling is Cool
- Don’t be scared to reuse or rehash old content! If you have a successful episode, why not take that episode and revisit it? See if you can make something new out of your most successful attacks.
- E.g., true-crime podcast Sword and Scale have done episodes where they revisit old cases and do updates or bring a new spin on the issue.
- There’s too Welcome to Night Vale, who have republished old favourite episodes occasionally, usually when they are on hiatus doing a tour.
- There is nothing incorrect with republishing old content or reusing themes from previous episodes.
- It can be an effective way to promote your podcast, as by republishing your best content, you are giving newer listeners a chance to hear your best content.
- And your older listeners can once again hear your best. Content.